Saturday, October 6, 2007

Our Home



I tell Paul many times that our house doesn't seem like it is really ours it seems like it belongs to someone else. This house has just been a project we work on together. After telling him this I decided we needed a way to mark this house as our own.
Paul's mother, Rita, had suggested a sleep-over in order to make this home a reality to us. We all decided yesterday this was a great idea. We quickly packed up our beds and headed over to the house at dusk. Rita joined us for a night of fun, and brought a thermos of coffee for in the morning.
Once the beds were set up we enjoyed the rest of the evening on the balcony staring at the far off lights in San Angelo. We shared a bag of popcorn Rita brought and talked about the many thoughts we had for our new home.
From this day forward the house has been marked "Our Home." Great Joy in my heart today, this last year and a half has been a long journey.
Rita Ann, whose feet are these in my jacuzzi?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your slumber party was perfect...such a great idea. Now it's home - almost. Sounds like such fun.
Did you buy your paint?
love kas

Anonymous said...

I just have to ask, are those really someone's feet?

Anna said...

Hello Kas,
Sorry I missed your post. We are still trying to nail down paint color. We like too many and need help!
Love, Anna

Anna said...

Yes, those are feet are my mother-in-law's. I was down loading my pictures after our slumber party and to my surprise found this picture of her feet she left for me on my camera. She knows how to play a good joke.
Thanks for your post.Keep checking in on us.
Anna