Monday, September 24, 2007

Poisoning Prickly Pear

Our little 10 acres has an abundance of prickly pear cactus. Rita attended a special poison class and learned how-to kill the cactus. She called me this morning and wanted to come start poisoning the pear today. I was excited to tag along to learn the specifics of how-to spray pear. With no workmen at the house today this would be a good day to start. The dry wall work is scheduled to start on Wednesday.
Rita taught me how to mix the poison and provided all the supplies. It is an easy and painless job unless you find yourself standing right in the middle of a red ant bed like I did. You never saw anyone pull their jeans off so fast! Once those ants started stinging me up my pant leg modesty went right out the door I didn't care if all the neighbors saw me with my pants off, those ants hurt! Sorry, no pictures of me with my pants off.
I have learned how-to of spaying pear. Now I will go back and poison the ants before I start again.

No comments: