Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hole Digging Faries

I had mentioned to many of our friends how terribly hard it has been to dig holes at our place because we have more rock than dirt. We had been trying to dig eight holes at the entrance to plant some bushes before they start putting on leaves. I went to the property on Tuesday after our recent rain hoping the rain would provide for an easier day of digging our last two holes. I ran into the AEP men installing another electric pole at our entrance. The rain did provide for an easier hole to dig, but as with the other six holes I could only dig about eight inches before hitting solid rock. The AEP men noticed my frustration backed their equipment into our entrance and proceeded to dig my holes for me! Everyone here has been just as nice to us as these hardworking men.

No comments: