Thursday, February 21, 2008

Digging Dirt

We moved in our home January 21st one month ago. I continue to unpack boxes, organize items and then carry boxes to the attic. I finally rolled up the last of the corrugated floor covering yesterday in the study. We are just about unpacked.
Today Marcus Herrera had time to stop in and start on the front landscaping. He brought his handy backhoe and started scooping out much of the dirt he originally laid for our house pad. This dirt had to be removed to bring in top soil for the landscaping in our original design. I like to watch that backhoe operate. I wished I could have tried operating the machine it just looks like fun. Have you ever seen a backhoe operator that wasn't happy? I know it has to be fun.
After Marcus finished out front we asked him to dig a few holes around back to plant a few trees. Last fall Rita purchased two burr oak tress for us and dug up one native oak tree from her yard.


No comments: