Sunday, January 20, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is our official move in day, Yeehaw! It has been a long ten months from the first day the foundation was poured back in March 2007 until today. Thank you for all your encouragement and support this past year to see us through this building project.
The garage door was installed last Friday and I just remembered to take a picture of it today. The mechanism which operates the door is called an I-Drive. The I-Drive is located above the center of the door, it is the little white box in the photo. Notice there is no chain drive in the ceiling. The mechanism is very quiet and operates smoothly.

We were at the house all afternoon assembling some of the furniture today which was not in storage. Paul and Rita assembled the teak wood porch chairs and ottomans and I started unpacking Elizabeth's new bed she purchased from Pier One last summer. After this Rita came upstairs and helped me put the pieces together. We also had to purchase a couple of mattresses from Sam's Club this week and get them in the house before the movers arrive tomorrow. We need beds ready to lay our tired heads down. It will be a sweet dreaming slumber in our new home tomorrow night.
I will post the blog again as soon as I can catch my breath!





No comments: