Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pantry

Today we were in town most of the day at Sherwin Williams. We met with the painter to select stain and paint for cabinetry and trim. We also picked up all the lighting for the house at Lowe's.
With all the crown molding completed Steve and Frank have started on the base board trim and pantry shelves. I was reluctant to post these pictures of the pantry because it is difficult to take good pictures of such a small space, with bad lighting.
The pantry is located under the staircase which will explain why the peg board on the back wall is cut at an angle. The peg board is to hold large frying pans and other large items, like those colanders that never fit under a cupboard. The pantry shelves continue up to the ceiling for added storage.
Steve thought we could make good use of the large space back under the stairs with a deeper shelf unit to hold larger appliances, the ones I don't use everyday, crock pot, etc. I asked Frank for a couple of dividers on the first shelf to house cookie sheets and muffin tins. I liked this feature in Rita's pantry. In our former home I stacked them on top of each other and every time I needed a cookie sheet I had to lift out the whole stack of cookie sheets (heavy) to get to the one I wanted to use. But in Rita's pantry I just walked in and pull out the one I needed, so easy and organized too! Later this evening Frank added a trim molding around the storage box which is not pictured, the trim completed the unit very nicely.

No comments: